Bay Area Legal Ethics and Professional Licensing Attorney
A Nationwide Authority on Legal Ethics
Before establishing my own solo practice, I was a partner with the California law firm of Carroll, Burdick & McDonough, where my main focus was as a litigator and ethics advisor. Today I teach ethics in the Bay Area, and I have co-written two books on the topic and assisted in the past on drafting a Rules of Professional Conduct Comparison. I assisted in drafting the Rules that the Bar uses in its disciplinary process. I also understand moral character and fitness to practice issues in legal, medical, insurance, and real estate boards.
At my firm, I provide focused, reliable and knowledgeable service in the following areas:
Don’t let yourself be a target of a disciplinary investigation.
- Licensing and disciplinary matters: For California professionals facing disciplinary actions due to the civil, criminal or other ethics violation allegations, I help develop a response to the State Bar, the nursing, physical therapy, pharmacy and medical boards of California and the DRE and work with them directly, if necessary, to resolve the issue. I defend professionals through each stage of the disciplinary process.
- Admissions: I advise and assist clients who want to practice in California and in other states and venues, like the MBC, the Board of Registered Nursing, the Physical Therapy Board, the DRE and the PTO. I provide my clients with the tools they need to successfully apply for admission.
- Expert testimony: I serve as an expert witness on legal ethics throughout the country, traveling to wherever my testimony is needed.
- Legal counsel for all professionals: I advise professionals on issues involving licensing.
- Patent and Trademark Office cases: I effectively handle and advise on cases that involve the Patent & Trademark Office in Washington, D.C.
My approach in every case is to have a detailed discussion with my client about their case and how I can help. I understand that professionals are often embarrassed to call an attorney about a license issue. However, I never judge my clients. I am on their side to help them resolve their licensing issues.
Call my San Francisco Bay Area office at 925-765-9780 or contact me online to schedule a free telephone consultation to discuss your case.